Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the 2012 Spyder catalogue today

not much in the way of major parts changes, mainly clothing BUT there will be a comfort seat for the RT .. said it moves the driver back 2" to change the angle of the legs,,, I did not notice what the price was though.. I will check next week when we go into bug them

·
Registered
42 Posts
Man , that would be great but wonder what it does for the passenger.Seems like to make one bigger something has to be made smaller.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no kidding.. was not much more info on it so really not sure

i like tha angle change though.. much easir on the knees

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Excellent news! I always seem to be trying to scoot back 1 inch on long rides...

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hehe

so far have not actually seen one, but when I asked they were not sure either BUT it seems like they move the driver back and squeesed the passenger, so tubby passengers may not be very happy or comfy.

not sure when they are getting any 2012's but I will be parking me backside on one as soon as I see it.

ny parts guys guy said the new RT color was AWESOME !!! and when you put the tan seat on it was even better

but I dunno how hard it will be keeping tan seat clean though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Comfort Seat ---

Can you imagine what great news the two inch push back is to a gal about to buy her first Spypder (Limited) who pushes 5' 0"? What's a gal to do?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no kidding but I think it's an option if I remember right..

will have to take another look next time I am in there.. maybe later today

need to return one of the bags I have been looking at

·
Registered
2 Posts
I certainly want an upgraded seat. I've seen only the 2011 version seat and it certainly lacks luster! I'm 75, have had my license for a year and currrently riding a Burgman 400 because of my 5'0", 118 lb size. A Friend (long MC experience) and I are planning to ride to CA next summer and I want something with oomph and stability since my feet don't reach the ground on most bikes. The situation with the guy from Chicago and others with problems whose bikes just stop! doesn't bode well in the mind of someone about to launch into this experience uninitiated. I'd planned occasional warm winter days and spring months to get out and get comfortable before heading West in July. My partner rides a Goldwing but I think that (even a trike) too big for me. Am I going down the wrong path? B

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Welcome to the party BB! :D
I think that you're on the right track! My Missus is just a tick taller than you at 5'1", but she's got a very short inseem... She has driven (ridden) my Spyder enough to know that it's comfortable enough for her, but she just prefers to yell at me from her Navigator's perch...:eek:
My advice to you would be to find a dealer who'll take the time to help you decide exactly which model and what accessories work best for you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm 5' and found that the only thing I really didn't like about the Spyder RS is the handle bar position. I solved that by installing the Kewmetel 7" risers. I ride quite a bit with a friend with the RT and I think either option is good depending on what options you are looking for. After the 165 mile ride yesterday into the mountains of Idaho I was kind of wishing I hand hand warmers like my friend has on his RT. The RS is a sportier ride but lacks the storage space, stereo, cruise etc... that the RT has. The RT also has the more relaxed seating position that I wish I could have gotten on my RS.

I have ridden motorcycles the majority of my life and being short getting my bikes set up has always been a major pain in the rear and being able to reach ground on both sides.......forget it! I find the Spyder a great choice for the stability safety and fun. Even my wife who is the most anti motorcycle person you will meet loves going with me on the Spyder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts