Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bet that was tons of fun....very few mosquitos too, I bet!!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question: What kind of chains didyou use and how much clearance did you have between them and the fender?
The clearance is tight, i will take pics of chains tonight and post for you. I will also get you the brand of chains. I bought them locally. But with the brand, you should be able to get the same where you are. The clearance of the drive belt, is more of an issue than the fender.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire chains came from qualitychaincanada.com/

The clearence is tight and if you install, you have to make sure chains are very tight so they dont hit the four screws that hold fender on or the drive belt.

Attachments

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
ummm I think if some one is going to ride in the snow then a snowmobile would be the answer

least for me it would be

but I HATE the cold so no riding in anythign than a nice warm car for this cowboy

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I hate the cold, so won't be pulling the ol' Spyder out unless the temps are above 60-ish.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ummm I think if some one is going to ride in the snow then a snowmobile would be the answer

least for me it would be

but I HATE the cold so no riding in anythign than a nice warm car for this cowboy
I agrere the Spyder isnt the machine for winter. But hopping on it for a few mile run in the neighbourhood is a blast. The looks on peoples faces are priceless.
Its a way to get my Spyder fix till spring comes.

With chains, you cant exceed 30 mph, so its more of a novalty thing till spring comes. :)

As far as the cold, we dont mind riding anything above 50 F.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
The temperature is so much easier to deal with than the weather and road conditions. I rode 150 miles at 30 degrees and was warm the whole way because of my riding gear. It was cold, clear and sunny, dry road with no chance of ice or anything.

I too applaud SpyderL for giving it a try! Spyders are way too much money and fun to let sit too long. I'm fortunate to live in Phoenix, AZ where we can ride year round (well at night during the summer).

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I am going to get my "fix" by sitting on it out side and go

VROOMM!!! VROOOMMMMM !!!!!!!!! putt, putt

hehe

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
yuppers.. will let you know when the seat is all done so next Aprilish?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts