Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most or some of you know camber is bottom of the tire to the top of the tire and and is it level, leaning in or out? Here is how I checked mine. It has to be setting on a flat level floor, wheels straight ahead, simply grab a 4 foot level, lean it against the bottom of your tire and against the top of the tire left side or and the right side as your only checking if its level or how much its out. Mine was out from side to side. OK now don't get me wrong as they tell me it can't fixed as its a fixed system, could be true, I don't know but before I retired I ran alignment machines off and on most of my life and my Spider isn't right. I checked my toe in also with two straight 4 foot levels, simply lay one on the floor against the right tire and one against the floor against the left tire and a block or something laying against the levels so the don't move measure across the rear level and in the front level as close to the tire as you can. Again this is just a simple check as in reality that rear tire inters into a real fix for toe in. But these checks will give some clue that it may need laser alignment. But when I see my left tire is leaning out and my right tire is straight up I know somethings wrong and my dealer is telling me its fine?? naw,

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
But when I see my left tire is leaning out and my right tire is straight up I know somethings wrong and my dealer is telling me its fine?? naw,
Maybe, maybe not.
I have seen some pictures of the front end of a Spyder where I could swear that the suspension on one side was bent......but it wasn't. They are prone to some optical illusions under the right conditions.

Then......unlike a car, having the rider(s) in place can alter the geometry enough to be significant. Also it varies a tiny bit when the wheels are spinning going down the road. Cars have been around long enough so that factor if figured into the specs. BRP and Spyders......highly unlikely, since they completely struck out on the one parameter that IS adjustable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts