Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2011 RTS and hauled it home. rode it today for the first time and thwe check engine light came on after 12 miles!!!!!!!!! Anyone else experence this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check Engine Light

I got the check engine light after dealer installed fog lights. They said some connection might have gotten loose. Checked all coneections and has not come on since

·
Registered
13 Posts
engine light

I bought my spider rt last year. trailered it back from Ky to In, got into some rain, when I got home engine light came on, next day was fine, I washed it a week latter, engine light came on, took to shop, they discovered computer was leaking, said a few had gotten out from factory, the day after mine was fixed, another came in with same trouble. Have not had trouble since.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just bought a new 2011 RTS and hauled it home. rode it today for the first time and thwe check engine light came on after 12 miles!!!!!!!!! Anyone else experence this?
Yup.............picked my 2011 RTS up on Saturday. Half way home 10 miles or so "Check Engine" light came on. Pulled over and called the dealer and took it back. Hooked up the diagnostics and they were getting an O2 sensor code. The bike was running hot, not the motor but the exhaust? It had a "hot" smell to it but again it is new so I kind of thought it might be typical? They said driving it would most likely solve the issue as it is brand new and that I should ride it. Just as I was about to pull away it came on again, I told them might as well keep it sort it out and give me a call when we were good to go. They said no you are taking it home today even if we have to stay all night, so back on the dignostics and through a process of elimination the next step was to replace the O2 sensor which they did.

No problems since..................the "hot" smell was noticeably absent as well?

·
Registered
163 Posts
A lot of new owners unconsciously ride the brake. When you get the error light. check where your foot is. If you are riding the brake, it will trick the computer into thinking there is a problem with the brake pressure and will cause the check engine light to come on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 1200 miles on my RT SSE5 check engine came on. Tried to load on trailer won't even pull its self up .
Have an appointment Wed next week to have hitch installed hope the OS sensor fix's the problem. I'm not to happy right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts