Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Spyder RS S SE5, when shifting from 1st to 2nd the check engine light appeared. Took to the dealer and they said it was a faulty shifter sensor and ordered a new one, still waiting on it to come back from shop. Anyone else experience this issue?

·
Registered
55 Posts
2011 Spyder RS S SE5, when shifting from 1st to 2nd the check engine light appeared. Took to the dealer and they said it was a faulty shifter sensor and ordered a new one, still waiting on it to come back from shop. Anyone else experience this issue?
I too have the 2011 RS S SE5 and so far not check engine light has come on.
I have 381 miles on the bike have had it for 2 weeks now. I hope my bike does not have this issue.

So the bike is still safe to drive then tight if the light does come on. I should have nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
It's not really any sort of an issue... If it happens, just let your dealer know about it... I wouldn't worry about it at all anyway... You have to remember that in these forums folks like to talk about issues and problems.... The good times and trouble-free miles seem to be pushed to the back burner.
So I'll throw this out here... 4400 miles and while I lost an antenna, it was covered under warranty! It's been largely just miles and smiles! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
keeping fingers crossed

Bike is due back from service today. Original dealer who I bought it from didn't catch it, they didn't even test drive it before giving me the Can Am. They did give some compensation back to me, but crazy to think they can build a bike and not test drive it to make sure they tightened the lug nuts or whatever. Anyway, looking to getting the bike back tonight and then it goes in for a custom stereo set up tomorrow. Can't wait to ride this weekend!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bike is back and running great. The switch was bad, new one fixed the issue. Has anyone experienced a kind of drag in the engine from 80-82 mph? Since I am new to the Rotax engines not sure if this is due to gearing in the engine but has a slight engine vibration if that is even describing it correctly that isn't present up to 80 mph and goes away at 83 mph. Took it up to 90 mph without any issue.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Kind of like the man in the doctor's office who says "it hurts when I do this." And the doctor says "so don't do that." In your case just don't ride at speeds between 80-82:) David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts