Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
what do you mean by soft and not adjustable?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cb reply

what I found out is even a goldwing cord fits into the spyder cb slot it is different inside. Therefore you need to have a headset and cord for a spyder to have the cb function properly. without that the spyder is non functional. thanks, bones1

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
you need to have the CB installed before you can ever get a screen and you need to have a the BRP mic set up and I think you need to have the entertainment set of cables installed too

once you get all that then you have your cb screen with the basic CB controls.. squelch/volume/VOX/change channels

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone gone a different route for a CB? The entertainment harness and CB together run about $900 r lus install. Then add WIrED communication headset for two up riding and it get pricy real fast. I am considering wireless two up Comm about $300 plus wired midland CB at $150+20 for a head set that I would take apart to have push to talk and the speaker in the helmet. might be able to wire the sound into the Bluetooth headset . CB would be used to listen to ride leader by driver only- voice to CB would mean a second mic in helmet? Getting crowded in my full face helmet. Anybody have any thoughts? Music is provided by the RT-S speakers. Want to have iPod for music so that with the CB would not work well with that Thanks in advance. Am I being foolish? Also would like this seperate CB - if your bike's electric is down what are the chances your CB gets power?

·
Registered
47 Posts
what I found out is even a goldwing cord fits into the spyder cb slot it is different inside. Therefore you need to have a headset and cord for a spyder to have the cb function properly. without that the spyder is non functional. thanks, bones1
The Gold Wing uses a six pin and BRP uses a seven pin. The BRP CB is not close to the Honda CB operation...it is cumberson to adjust, the SWR must be adjusted by the dealer,(unless you have a SWR meter and know what you are doing) etc. See earlier posts on this subject.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update. Got the new headset and cord from J&M and the spyder cb works great. It even has a better volume then the wing had. So even though the cord from the wing fits into the spyder plug it won't work. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just an update. Got the new headset and cord from J&M and the spyder cb works great. It even has a better volume then the wing had. So even though the cord from the wing fits into the spyder plug it won't work. Thanks
I hate to spend the money for a new headset and cord...As mentioned, I have a Chatterbox system on my Wing with good results. Your cord won't operate as it is missing a pin...it will fit the socket, but only has six pins if it is a Honda and won't work....What part number(s) did you buy from J&M? I may upgrade and just bite the bullet on cost. I have a full face helmet. Did you get an instruction sheet, seperate from the owners manual, for adjusting your CB, XM, FM, etc.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have the J&M number with me at work but it's the same system that fits the victory. I would call them and ask witch cord and headset fits the victory. By the way when we got the headset and cord we just changed out the mic and cord but the mic and headset come as a set.Bones1

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
what is the transmitting like? I have only used mine once so far and have been told that the static almost drowns out my voice when I key up

recieving seems ok but not very loud and I have it turned up as loud as it will go, but they might just be talking a bit soft, as they all know each other and use theirs all the time (goldwongs)

I use the Burp headset system

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what is the transmitting like? I have only used mine once so far and have been told that the static almost drowns out my voice when I key up

recieving seems ok but not very loud and I have it turned up as loud as it will go, but they might just be talking a bit soft, as they all know each other and use theirs all the time (goldwongs)

I use the Burp headset system
No noise at all.Bones1

·
Registered
47 Posts
You need to adjust the CB front to back volume and set it all the way to the front. and as I remember you need to turn the VOX off or adjust it. It has been a while since I did it so I don't remember the details, but go to Audio and check all of the settings.... Secondly, go to Preferences and set the Auto Volume Control (AVC) to HIGH and see how it goes....it worked for me. I have the full BRP headset/mic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts