Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am a new member to the forum and my wife and I are proud new parents to a 2011 RT Limited. We used to ride together on my Harley ultra and used the 7 pin wired headsets to communicate with each other as well as use the cb radio. Can anyone tell me if they have ever successfully used a Harley headset with the spyder cb? I am considering adding the cb kit to ours but I would love to save the money on headsets. Thanks in advance.
Mark

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
you should be able to.. just need a patch cable for yr harley to spyder

check these guys out.. just find what patch cable you need

http://www.jmcorp.com/index.htm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will do that. I was just hoping someone had tried it already since the Harley cable is a seven pin and I believe the Spyder is also. Thanks for the tip.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
the Spyder I think is 6 pin.. but cant see close enough to count them

·
Registered
7 Posts
autotechmark ,,,,,

Unfortunately, the Harley headset will not work on the Spyder RT system, even though they are both 7-pin, the wiring code and signal inputs are completely turned around ,,,,

use the J&M elite series headsets at J&M Elite Headsets ,,,,

also ,, don't forget to look at the NEW J&M PASSENGER headset LOWER cord, for the RT system, that includes the PTT switch and volume up/dn buttons made specifically for the Spyder RT audio/CB/Intercom system ,,,, see HC-ZVT-X Product Information ,,,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
autotechmark ,,,,,

Unfortunately, the Harley headset will not work on the Spyder RT system, even though they are both 7-pin, the wiring code and signal inputs are completely turned around ,,,,

use the J&M elite series headsets at J&M Elite Headsets ,,,,

also ,, don't forget to look at the NEW J&M PASSENGER headset LOWER cord, for the RT system, that includes the PTT switch and volume up/dn buttons made specifically for the Spyder RT audio/CB/Intercom system ,,,, see HC-ZVT-X Product Information ,,,
Thank you John. I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Take a look at the Edsets 3G Headsets. They sell a CanAm Spyder headset that outperform everything else including the J&M Elites and the others on the market. Trust me I have listened to all of them...the Edsets are cheaper and have a longer warranty and have built in ear bud jacks and other features.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
do you have a web addy? for them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts