Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I have a 2013 spyder rt se5. I really don't notice anything happening when I depress my rear shock rocker. Should I notice any movement when I depress it? Sound?

·
Registered
2017 Can Am F 3 Limited 6 speed
110 Posts
Gidday. Rear shock rocker? Is that another name for the rear shock absorber. If so it should compress a little if you give it a good shove downwards, then return.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,436 Posts
I hit the rocker switch to adjust the rear shock but I dont feel anything happening. Should i?
Not necessarily. The movement is small and hard to notice.
With the Spyder inside a relatively dark garage, turn it ON, point the headlight toward a wall and exercise the switch and watch the beam on the wall. The farther from the wall that it is, the more noticeable the change will be.......if there is any change at all. This is a fairly common point of failure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not necessarily. The movement is small and hard to notice.
With the Spyder inside a relatively dark garage, turn it ON, point the headlight toward a wall and exercise the switch and watch the beam on the wall. The farther from the wall that it is, the more noticeable the change will be.......if there is any change at all. This is a fairly common point of failure.
Awesome. Great idea. Thanks

·
Registered
2017 RTL
44 Posts
The engine running and in 1St gear with your
foot on the brake. Then you will feel up and down movement won't be much. Also can have another person get on and off and you should feel it move to correct the ride height.
Give this a try and let us know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts