Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.
I was wondering if by any chance anyone knows if there is a specific trailer, other than stinger because it doesn't work, that I can get to haul my spyder RT Limited 2021. It turned out the 2020 and up models are too long for the stinger, and the main issue for me is space because the city does not allow trailers parked on the driveway or the street. i know the stinger can be folded. I was searching to see if I could find another foldable one, but so far, the only one I found that folds is a Kendon stand-up. I contacted those guys to see if it would fit my bike but haven't hear anything from them and they are pretty pricier as well. My wife and I decided that for us, since we are retired, it would make more sense to trailer the can am with our truck when we want to travel instead of riding it cross country. Specially since she is not used to riding, hence the reason I got the can am. I was riding my Goldwing but she didn't feel safe on two wheels. Any tips or help will be greatly appreciated.

Happy rides!

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
Yep. It takes a pretty big trailer to haul a Spyder.
You can not park a trailer in your own driveway ?
How about in the back yard ??

I have two suggestions:
Check around with "self storage" places in your area to see about renting a parking space there.
Second, don't be in a big hurry to get a trailer.
Get some more miles two-up under your belts and maybe try a couple of relatively short trips overnight.
You might find that the trailer isn't necessary after all.

But I do agree that LONG trips on any kind of "open cab" vehicle isn't for everybody.

P.S. If you do end up trailering it, do NOT pull the Spyder backwards.
The wind tends to rip off the windshield and body parts. :oops:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. It takes a pretty big trailer to haul a Spyder.
You can not park a trailer in your own driveway ?
How about in the back yard ??

I have two suggestions:
Check around with "self storage" places in your area to see about renting a parking space there.
Second, don't be in a big hurry to get a trailer.
Get some more miles two-up under your belts and maybe try a couple of relatively short trips overnight.
You might find that the trailer isn't necessary after all.

But I do agree that LONG trips on any kind of "open cab" vehicle isn't for everybody.

P.S. If you do end up trailering it, do NOT pull the Spyder backwards.
The wind tends to rip off the windshield and body parts. :oops:
I have taken long trips all the way to the west coast by myself, but my wife is the museum type and like her comfort. The very reason I’m trying to get a foldable trailer is to avoid paying for storage. We are planning on taking only weekend type rides on the can am, but we do know for sure that whenever we take a long trip, we want to take the bike with us. If I can’t find a foldable that fits the bike, we will get a regular one and suck up the storage fee. I was told by a member of a can am forum that the Aluma MC 210 would fit the bike ( he’s is a 2020), so I will try to find out how much they go for.
Thanks for your tips 😎

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
Do you have a garage ?
Do you intend to park the Spyder in the garage ?
If so, maybe you could park it IN the garage ON the trailer ??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a garage ?
Do you intend to park the Spyder in the garage ?
If so, maybe you could park it IN the garage ON the trailer ??
I have a Honda VTX 1800F parked in there as well as a Goldwing so there not enough room. I'm trying to sale the VTX but until then it is pretty tight. I would have enough room for a foldable trailer but as it is, it doesn't looks like I will be able to get one of those.

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
I have a Honda VTX 1800F parked in there as well as a Goldwing so there not enough room.
OK. Well now I don't feel quite as sorry for you. ;)
IF.....you can afford 3 top of the line bikes like that, you should be able to spring for a parking space for your trailer too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I never said I could not afford the storage. I just don't want to do it if I can help it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I never said I could not afford the storage. I just don't want to do it if I can help it.
When the wife went on oxygen, our long distance riding was very limited so I purchased a TUT enclosed trailer to pull where we were going then take short day trips. When the daughter purchased a new car, and wanted to park in the garage, I moved the 2011 RT Limited into the trailer parked in the back yard. installed solar battery maintainers to keep the RT and trailer batteries at 100%. When traveling, this trailer also acts as a secure garage once the key is removed since it disables the mechanical lift for the top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts