Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of Can-Am's soft-side luggage for my 2021 RT LTD. But when I placed them in the saddlebags, I discovered that they are only about 1/2 the depth of the saddlebags. Even when completely stuffed full. In fact, both filled bags will fit in one saddlebag. For my previous bikes (Harley & BMW), their software luggage completely fills each saddlebag. What gives? The dealer was no help, and I can't find a phone number to call at Can-Am. Can anyone give me advice/recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
What exactly do you expect the dealer or Can-Am to do for you ?

Unless you ordered the wrong thing, that probably means that the "bags" on the new model are bigger and the luggage hasn't been updated.........and you are on your own.

I think I would actually like some extra space left over so things like my rain suit and bike cover could stay in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly do you expect the dealer or Can-Am to do for you ?

Unless you ordered the wrong thing, that probably means that the "bags" on the new model are bigger and the luggage hasn't been updated.........and you are on your own.

I think I would actually like some extra space left over so things like my rain suit and bike cover could stay in there.
But this means we can't pack as many clothing items for long tours. These tiny bags won't work for my wife. I would expect Can-Am to tell us that unlike all other brands on the market, their luggage doesn't fit the entire saddlebag. Or modify their product so it does.

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
But this means we can't pack as many clothing items for long tours. These tiny bags won't work for my wife. I would expect Can-Am to tell us that unlike all other brands on the market, their luggage doesn't fit the entire saddlebag. Or modify their product so it does.
SIGH.
So that product doesn't exactly meet your expectations.
Find something that DOES. Maybe in addition to those......which you said will both fit in one side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SIGH.
So that product doesn't exactly meet your expectations.
Find something that DOES. Maybe in addition to those......which you said will both fit in one side.
That's the plan. Our dealer won't help us, he just tells me to contact Can-Am. Can-Am responded and told me to contact my dealer. And the round robin begins. Not an auspicious start for our first interaction with Can-Am. Never had this kind of finger-pointing from Harley or BMW.

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
You are blaming the wrong people here.
CanAm does not MAKE what you want.
Your dealer should have told you that.......in addition to telling you that they don't know anyone who DOES.
Making YOU contact CanAm to verify that was a slap in the face........and you should look for another dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts