Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about gettin some sort of camera to mount on the bike to take vids for giggles

have looked at a couple online but don't want to spend a ton of cash.. also don't want to mount it on my head ( it's phat and heavy enough now )

ideas for camera and mointing system?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would think that on the RT some sort of clamp on the dashboard might work. I have been toying with the idea of that at least.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
@Bob, it may be a really interesting point of view to put a camera that low. I may have to try it this weekend with a little double sided tape.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the one I am going to get has a huge suction cup that you can get so I am going to try mounting it in various places just for giggles

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you use a suction cup make sure you tether it. I have not had good success with suction cups personally. And you don't want to damage or destroy your camera because the cup failed.

Mickey Fisher told me about the Drift camera, and I'm very interested in that. You can mount it wherever, and then put a remote on your handlebars. Then, if you see something you want to film--you're all set and you just hit a button and it records.

Whatever you do--I look forward to seeing it!!

Andy

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
My husband mounted a video camera behind the windshield on his motorcycle when we traveled through the North Georgia Mountains. It rained through our ride, but it was amazing anyway! Here's a link to the video. If you enjoy, he may be able to help you with where to position yours for a good video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBtcEs_wzyM]North Georgia Mountains - YouTube[/ame]

(I should say, this was before I had my Spyder and we were two up - I rode behind him on this ride. It really was a good time!)

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use a "Superclamp manfrotto" - you can fix it on the side-handles or on the handlebars .. without ruining anything ..
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1ORctnYIo]Can-am Spyder RT Downhill Test - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the Drift HD 170 Stealth

it comes with remote and I got the suction cup/case/external mic/32gig chip and a couple of extra batteries..

should be good fun next year..

hehe

Bob is starving for more pics..

hehe

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How would one tether the suction mount/camera?

yeah would not want to run over the darn thing

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi bob .. also if you have the service-manual - you shouldn`t touch too much on the steering or on the cables from the spy ..

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got the Drift HD 170 Stealth

it comes with remote and I got the suction cup/case/external mic/32gig chip and a couple of extra batteries..

should be good fun next year..
Well I am green with envy! Happy for you Paladin. As for tethering, you can take strong twine or thin rope and tie it around your camera in case the cup fails. In the case of the drift--where it is made for this kind of thing--I would think you would be okay without tethering.

My suction cup mount actually holds a full camera, not a smaller one made for action. So I do have to tether mine.

Andy

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah I was thinking of getting some strong fishing line.. then I can cut it and not have it blowing around when i am not using it

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL @ ABQ

hehe

have fun.. I need to wait till next year now.. nother week left then park it for the winter..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts