Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

BRP has the fix for the heat issue!

15K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  ARACNID 
#1 ·
All you need to do is have the dealer get the parts from BRP. All warranty work - no charge.

#4 ·
oh very kewl

guess i need to drop in to see

do you know what it actually is?

#5 ·
well just came back from my dealer and so far they have nothing about any fixes from BRP

do you have a bulletin number?

#8 ·
well according to the dealer's service dept there is nothing from BRP at least not up here so unless I can get a bulletin number or something there is not much they can do

I use the system that Inspector Gadget has on his web site

cost me $10.00 to get rid of 90% of the heat for the driver and wife is so short we have the passenger pegs up all the way and she has never felt any heat at all

#10 ·
do you have a web addy? or e-mail addy?

maybe I can see what they are using

long way from Western Canada to there

#11 ·
I dont think there is a BRP bulletin or fix. Some dealers stock a heat shield panel made by Spyderpops.com which covers the right hole on the RT. I don't know if the RS has the same problem. You don't say what scoot you have in your signature....might be different than mine.

#13 ·
Paladin said: I use the system that Inspector Gadget has on his web site

Can you give me the site address of Inspector Gadget? Thanks.

#16 ·
Heat Shield for RT

After 30K miles, I found the heat shield @ Spyder Pops. Reason I couldn't find it before is because they call it a Radiator Block Off Plate (whod a thunk???). It costs $28 + shipping (and the shipping is FAST). Only took a few minutes to install when I had the bike serviced. NO MORE BLISTERS!!!! Just make sure the Tech reads the instructions carefully - there is plastic (maybe part of the gravel shield) that needs to be removed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.