Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you need to do is have the dealer get the parts from BRP. All warranty work - no charge.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
which heat issues is that?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
oh very kewl

guess i need to drop in to see

do you know what it actually is?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
well just came back from my dealer and so far they have nothing about any fixes from BRP

do you have a bulletin number?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
well according to the dealer's service dept there is nothing from BRP at least not up here so unless I can get a bulletin number or something there is not much they can do

I use the system that Inspector Gadget has on his web site

cost me $10.00 to get rid of 90% of the heat for the driver and wife is so short we have the passenger pegs up all the way and she has never felt any heat at all

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure about a bulletin number but the guys in the service department at Jacksonville Powersports can help you get the parts.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
do you have a web addy? or e-mail addy?

maybe I can see what they are using

long way from Western Canada to there

·
Registered
47 Posts
I dont think there is a BRP bulletin or fix. Some dealers stock a heat shield panel made by Spyderpops.com which covers the right hole on the RT. I don't know if the RS has the same problem. You don't say what scoot you have in your signature....might be different than mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
well according to the dealer's service dept there is nothing from BRP at least not up here so unless I can get a bulletin number or something there is not much they can do

I use the system that Inspector Gadget has on his web site

cost me $10.00 to get rid of 90% of the heat for the driver and wife is so short we have the passenger pegs up all the way and she has never felt any heat at all
Could you tell me what the part is, and where to find it please and thank you? :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Paladin said: I use the system that Inspector Gadget has on his web site

Can you give me the site address of Inspector Gadget? Thanks.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! Would you mind sharing the URL for Inspector Gadget? I just bought a 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited last weekend and sure would like to take the heat off my right foot!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Heat Shield for RT

After 30K miles, I found the heat shield @ Spyder Pops. Reason I couldn't find it before is because they call it a Radiator Block Off Plate (whod a thunk???). It costs $28 + shipping (and the shipping is FAST). Only took a few minutes to install when I had the bike serviced. NO MORE BLISTERS!!!! Just make sure the Tech reads the instructions carefully - there is plastic (maybe part of the gravel shield) that needs to be removed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts