Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving my 2011 spyder automatic for the 1st time of the season and when I stopped at the 1st stop sign the darn thing didn't dis-engage from 1st gear and stalled. It has done that before, usually when its really hot. But this time it wouldn't start again. When i pushed the start button with the brake on, instead of returning to neutral and starting, It would crank on, and immediately surge forward feeling like its stuck in gear, then shut down. Nothing i could do would get it out of gear. Any ideas? :-( I had it towed to my place for now.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Initially they said the problem was a dead battery, I told them i started it over 30 times, each time it lurched forward because it was stuck in gear. so they test drove it again after manually getting it to neutral, and it broke down on them for a change,sticking in 1st gear at a stop sign and not starting again

BRP said they would NOT cover pre maturely worn clutch parts if that was the problem. I authorized them to tear it apart and look since i couldnt drive it this way . I reminded them its been there 3 times for sticking in gear since i bought it and it has all of 3000 miles on it in a year and a half.

so far they are saying its my problem to repair. Geez, its a automatic transmission, not sure how thats my fault????

what you hear about BRP here is true

·
Registered
244 Posts
I wonder how worn clutch plates can make a SE5 transmission not shift?

From the service manual

Shifting Problems
1. For any shifting problems, refer to TROUBLESHOOTING in ELECTRONIC SHIFT SYSTEM (SE5) subsection.

JT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts