Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 RT and I had to replace my brakes after 4500 miles. Since the replacement, the new pads have only wore down less then 25% and I have put over 2500 miles on the new pads. My question to my fellow RT riders is how many miles passed before you have had to replace your brake pads. I am trying to get an average of brake pads replacement knowing that everyone has different driving habits. I was told it was my driving habits that caused the excessive wear, however I am driving the same and the pads are not wearing down anywhere close to the previous pads. The new pads are of a redesign and according to BRP it was to alliviate the squelling that was reported as a problem from the past .

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I have a 2011 Rt also and have over 8500 k's on mine (in 4 months or so) and have never had any issues with squeeling brakes at all except for when we first get backing out of our drive way.

But 4500 miles seems to be short length of thiem to have to replace pads.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pads

With 17500 on my RTS the brakes are practically as new. Not too bad on wear or dusting. And like most, the only serious squeal is the initial backing up. Maybe I should use my brakes more often? :D

Patrick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts