Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I just purchased a 2011 Spyder RT SE5. While out riding today, I approached a stop sign and let the bike auto downshift and applied my break. I waited for pedestrians to cross and when I was ready to proceed, I increased the throttle and.....nothing. It rev'd high but went nowhere. Bike was in 1st gear, but would not budge. I then tried to put it in reverse, and it wouldn't even shift gears. Eventually, I got it into Neutral and had to push it off the road. It was 100 degrees today, so I let the bike cool for 2 hours, and then tried again, with the same results. I ended up having to have it towed home. I have not even taken it out more than 6 times. I am beginning to second guess my purchase. Can anyone tell me what they think could be wrong. I am HIGHLY upset at this point, but trying to stay positive.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Bob.
Got a call today from dealer and that seems to be the issue. They had to order some tool in order to work on it, so not sure how long they will have it before I get it back. I am hoping that is the fix.

Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Bob.
Got a call today from dealer and that seems to be the issue. They had to order some tool in order to work on it, so not sure how long they will have it before I get it back. I am hoping that is the fix.

Thank you!!!!
Any news on this? I'm curious to know what the issue is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts