Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Did anyone else hear about this? Been looking into getting a bike and the spyder has peaked my interest. But has anyone been having any issues with theirs?

Bombardier Recreational Products has recalled certain 2010 Can-Am Spyder models due to the potential for a complete brake failure.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 3,259 Can-Am Spyder RT roadsters from model year 2010 are recalled because a pin securing the brake pedal connecting rod could come loose and fall off without warning.

BRP will notify owners this week and dealers will replace the brake pedal connecting rod free of charge. Owners may contact BRP at 1-888-638-5397

When we sampled the Can-Am Spyder, we found it bulky and reluctant to corner. Several of our riders felt they much prefer bikes with two wheels. However, the Can-Am Spyder does have antilock brakes, which is an important safety feature. See which other motorcycles and scooters have this life-saving technology.

Check out all our motorcycle coverage in our special section.
—Eric Evarts
Brake failure spurs recall of 3,000 Can-Am Spyder bikes

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
When we sampled the Can-Am Spyder, we found it bulky and reluctant to corner. Several of our riders felt they much prefer bikes with two wheels. However, the Can-Am Spyder does have antilock brakes, which is an important safety feature. See which other motorcycles and scooters have this life-saving technology.

all 2 wheelers say this untill they learn how to ride it

·
Registered
94 Posts
recall....

got a multitude of emails from friends over the last 24hrs about the recall telling me to be careful and not ride mine! the recall doesn't make it too clear other than 2010 roadsters....... so am going to put in a call to dealer tomorrow to ask - am sure they'll do their due diligence and call everyone that purchased one but am not going to wait! insurance only went on this saturday and been for a couple of rides already - am looking forward to more!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I spoke with BRP this morning about my RT and they told me to have the fix done by a dealer, it's under warranty. I've had no issues, but then I've only had the RT for a few days.

·
Registered
22 Posts

all 2 wheelers say this untill they learn how to ride it
I go with Paladin, been on 2 wheels for 67 years and on 3 for 2 weeks. It takes a bit but I be learning. And seems to be worth it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
recall is a pin on the brake pedal

apparently there have only been 2 incidences of them breaking.
mine is in for 30min work this saturday for this recall.

when you hear of honda, toyota, etc having huge recalls - there are always going to be minor glitches on any vehicle - I swear it's the monday morning hang over shift and the friday afternoon weekender shifts that cause the problems whether it be the actual manufacturer or the part manufacturer... don't all flame me now but even rolls royce and mercedes get recalls occasionally!

·
Registered
94 Posts
booked in but now a wait

had my spydy over to the dealer on saturday, had booked it in during the week for the recall and the turn signal problem, told they had to talk to BRP on tuesday so called today! Surprise!!! the recall part won't be delivered until next thursday! so it's staying there till then!

new service guy was very polite, and apologetic and made sure he had all my information... previous girl that was there has moved on to other opportunities.

here's hoping it rains now till next weekend - though am sure Paladin won't be liking this comment!! LOL

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
hahaha

I took ours in today to work on the Calif issues we had plus couple of other small ones

They are going to check all recalls and do anything that needs to be done

also found our trailer is in so they need to do some work on that too

we would rather be ryding but saftey first

1 - 10 of 10 Posts