Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,564 Posts
I'm having an issue about brake failure flashing across my screen. Can I do anything to fix this before heading into the $$$$$shop
It is always good to mention the year and model on any post like this.

The Spyders have a "brake fluid" level sensor......and that can be triggered, intermittently at first, by the brake level going down just a tiny bit......which is normal as the pads wear.

So the first thing that I would do is add a tablespoon or two of brake fluid even if it LOOKS full.
Or ask your dealer to do that for you before you consider leaving it for service.

This is a VERY common thing with Spyders.

Note: That can also be triggered if you are "riding the brakes"; that is, if the pedal is slightly depressed while the throttle is off of zero.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You do not say the year and model Spyder you have and that can be very important. For example, the 2012 and earlier model RTs have very sensitive master cylinder reservoir sensors. I would not start with a tablespoon. Get a fresh bottle of DOT 4 brake fluid and a dental syringe and use the syringe to top off the master cylinder reservoir. Remember, brake fluid can destroy the paint on the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts