Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a Motorcycle Rental company in Seattle and have a customer interested in renting a Spyder in Sept. Is there anyone in the Puget Sound area willing or interested in a use agreement for their ride? Please contact me at: [email protected] Thanks.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I won't even toss the key to someone I know (other than my husband) for a test ride, let alone a lease or rental. Some may be amenable, though I would imagine it'll be hard to find someone who's ready to part with their Spyder during a prime riding month.

Would suggest buying a used one and renting it out yourself - might make enough from the local dealerships charging $25 per test ride for each sale it leads to, as well.

I'm looking forward to September, myself, as the weather will be PERFECT for riding here in Oklahoma!!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Not going to happen, when somebody asks, "can I ride your bike to see if I like it, how it feels?", my answer is and always was, "can I borrow your girlfriend/wife to see if I like her, how she feels?":)

They always decline.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Allowing people you have never met to ride your motorcycle is the very nature of the rental biz. I'm just doing all I can to put together something for my customer. If anyone is interested there is compensation and Insurance.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Always worth asking.... you never know. Hope someone comes along that's willing to help you out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If demand is enough, buy a used Spyder for your fleet I would imagine it would rent well given the novelty.
This is the first request for a Spyder but since no one else in the area is renting them and we are building our fleet this is a consideration. It's just hard to justify a vehicle purchase on one request. Who knows, maybe the local dealership will see the benefit in allowing people to test out a ride for a few days before deciding on which model they want to buy.
In the mean time...anyone in the Puget Sound area not riding for 14 days in September????
Cheers,
PDC

·
Registered
284 Posts
I imagine motorcycle renting is pretty risky business. Balancing fleet size and make up with demand. Insurance I'm sure is a bear.

I can see the Spyder being an odd bear to rent. I imagine Puget Sound is a beautiful area to ride. A true motorcycle rider would want a two wheeler. Your Spyder customer base would more likely be a cager wanting a new experience...but probably doesn't have a motorcycle license.

Quite right about it being an expensive, risky gamble.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This guy wants you bare all the expense and he would reap all the rewards I still think he is got a big pair If you are going to be a Tour company act like one and buy the spyder. I'll rent you my bike for $23000.00

·
Registered
39 Posts
I won't even toss the key to my husband. He has his ride and I have mine. We both have different tastes in bikes. He rode my ride once and wanted to make changes now he doesn't ride mine anymore. Vulcan, Spyder, big difference. :D

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
plus to consider from what I have heard in Wash State you need a special motorcycle license to ride a trike, not the normal one, but not 100% sure about that just what I have been told from talking to people in my travels down there.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
In Oklahoma we're required to have a motorcycle endorsement on our license to be legal on the Spyder, as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The local dealership - Lynnwood Motoplex - has agreed to allow the use of a RS5. My hope is that after this rental we can work together to offer interested customers a chance to spend some time with a Spyder before purchasing.
I'll keep the forum posted on how this turns out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts