Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, working on painting some plastics for a friend on their 2020 spyder rt and have seen a few people mention not to remove both sides at the same time. Something about the control panel not ligning up? I need to pull both so they will match paint wise and wondered if that is an issue or is it simply ensuring the tabs align properly when re-installing.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,751 Posts
have seen a few people mention not to remove both sides at the same time.
You need to find those people and ask THEM why they said that.
I have seen nothing mentioned about it.

Then......there are several body panels on each side of a Spyder, most of which come nowhere near to the "control panel" or dashboard.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which people say not to?
Sounds like a load of old codswallop.
But please post up the links for these people, and maybe why by all means.
Martin the vlogger on you tube " think the other was vlad the vlogger?" Both show working on can ams and mention not pulling both sides as the center piece will be loose, looking how it all comes apart I don't see that being an issue as long as you lined the tabs back up and ensure all screw holes align...?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to find those people and ask THEM why they said that.
I have seen nothing mentioned about it.

Then......there are several body panels on each side of a Spyder, most of which come nowhere near to the "control panel" or dashboard.
Martin the vlogger has a YouTube about pulling and says the center panel "switch one" will be loose, but if it's only loose I don't see an issue with it???

· Registered
2018 Can Am F 3 Limited 6 speed
182 Posts
Yep I would too. (y)

Taking care the re-fit is correct as suggested.

Be awesome if you took some photos along the way and put them up so other Blokes and Sheilas I guess have an idea whats required.

After all, what can possibly go wrong. :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
2022 CanAm Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky
2 Posts
Hey guys, working on painting some plastics for a friend on their 2020 spyder rt and have seen a few people mention not to remove both sides at the same time. Something about the control panel not ligning up? I need to pull both so they will match paint wise and wondered if that is an issue or is it simply ensuring the tabs align properly when re-installing.
I'm not sure where you heard that, but it is definitely bull. I have a 2022 S2S and have had both panels off at the same time when I was hooking up my GPS. Just make sure everything lines up when you reassemble it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts