Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally rode my Spyder at night and discovered that the screen turns blue when it gets darker. So, the next morning I stuck my gloves in front of the screen and discovered that the blue screen looks a lot better during the daytime than the grey screen. A lot of the problem is the glare. Has anybody modified their readout to show the blue screen all the time? Or does anybody have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

George

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I don't think there is anything you do about it

it's just a sensor that detects the light level

if you could find it then maybe you could cover it, but not sure how that would wokr

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think there is anything you do about it

it's just a sensor that detects the light level

if you could find it then maybe you could cover it, but not sure how that would wokr
Correct, the light sensor totally controls the color scheme. The blue scheme is virtually useless in very bright conditions (not enough contrast) hence the grey scheme.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I get lots of reflection from my white jacket on the display. I'll have to try the blue screen.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
well I guees you need to find where the actual sensor is and try to cover it and see what happens

I have same idea in my '99 Blazer except it's for the headlights.. if I cover it they turn on and stay on

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
LOL @ Bob

hmmmmm yeah but all the light shines where it is supposed to go

in other peoples faces

hehe

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
haha yup..

but I really don't find any of the lights to be bothersome to me at all, even the fender ones.

I am aware of them but the glow just seems to be ( I know it sounds silly, but) all around the bike. the only ones I actually look at are the fender ones when I turn my signal/s on just to make sure they are on or that I have hit the cancel button properly ( I tend to not hit it right and turn the other side on), after I change lanes or make an easy turn, then it's just take a slight look either left or right and down a bit, but other than that I really don't notice them

the wife who sits a bit higher says the same thing. they are there but no big deal

·
Registered
5 Posts
I disagree. That's why I want to figure out a way to have it blue fulltime.
Ok well the sensor is located approx. 1/2 inch below the 200 on the speedo side of the gauge. You'll probably need to open the gauge to put a little black electrical tape over it since tape on the face would look like hell and there would probably be too much light leakage anyways.

Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts