CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 RT 6-speed Semi-Automatic SE6. At the end of August, 2020, while trying to start the engine, the display would not light up and the engine wouldn't start until after multiple attempts. Once started, I drove it for about 5 miles to my destination and turned off the engine. Attempting to restart resulted in the same problems. While traveling back to my original destination, the bike wouldn't move out of 1st gear. I pulled over and stopped. When I resumed travel, it moved out of 1st gear into 2nd but refused to move out of 2nd gear. The bike choked a hard stop and I had it towed to MotoUnited, a authorized Draper, Utah dealer and repair shop for BRP. They have it (being the end of January, 2021) and have not been able to get it running. I have been informed that the manufacturer BRP hasn't been able to provide any viable solution to the bike's problem. Rather pitiful.... at this point, my rating for BRP and their product is a negative one -1.

·
Super Moderator
764 Posts
YOU need to talk to BRP yourself and keep a record.
It might not hurt to check into lemon laws in your state.

At any time has the shop put in a new battery AND checked the main battery connections ?

Yes, it could be that simple.......and electronics is a mystery to most mechanics these days.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts