CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your thoughts and input please?

I'm a fifty plus biker; I currently have a Buell Lightning and a Honda V Twin sportbike - the Superhawk (VTR in Canada)...sp as you can tell, I like the torque and performance of a V Twin.

I ride sensibly, my life is too valuable to take undue risks...and for this reason I'm thinking of a Spyder (going to see one tomorrow with a view to purchase).
I have read the usual stuff on the web and a lot of folks appear alarmed at the handling! Now - I realise it's not a bike, so the Spyder has to be steered...but I have the following questions;
Is understeer an issue in normal riding?
How is stability - say up to 70 mph / 120 kmh?
How quick is the Spyder... 0-60 mph? (just for a comparison to my bikes).

Your feedback could really influence my decision - appreciated!

John

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your thoughts and input please?

I'm a fifty plus biker; I currently have a Buell Lightning and a Honda V Twin sportbike - the Superhawk (VTR in Canada)...sp as you can tell, I like the torque and performance of a V Twin.

I ride sensibly, my life is too valuable to take undue risks...and for this reason I'm thinking of a Spyder (going to see one tomorrow with a view to purchase).
I have read the usual stuff on the web and a lot of folks appear alarmed at the handling! Now - I realise it's not a bike, so the Spyder has to be steered...but I have the following questions;
Is understeer an issue in normal riding?
How is stability - say up to 70 mph / 120 kmh?
How quick is the Spyder... 0-60 mph? (just for a comparison to my bikes).

Your feedback could really influence my decision - appreciated!

John
In my opinion, after 2 years of ownership
Is understeer an issue in normal riding? No. Ease the power on in a corner and it oversteers slightly.
How is stability - say up to 70 mph / 120 kmh? Rock solid in my experience
How quick is the Spyder... 0-60 mph? 0-100KMPH (62 MPH) 4.5 seconds is quoted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts