Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get some feedback on what any of the other members are using for wireless communicator intercom systems? I've been reading some online reviews and am leaning toward the Scala Cardo G4. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I went with the Cardo bluetooth system. It links with the Garmin for directions and phone calls. However, the music quality is pretty poor. I don't know if that is the Garmin or the Cardo system. Phone calls are good with no wind noise up to about 65MPH using a 3/4 helmet

Haven't gotten the missus on the back for actual intercom testing yet. Still too hot for her.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
a lot depends on what kind of takling you are going to do

if you are going to be in a larger group of riders then the CB is about the only way to go as all teh Blutooth systems are limited to 3-4 people only

If you are just mainly talking by yourselves then either is good, each has it good/bad points..

If you are "wired" (CB) then you need to watch for the cord/s and set it up properly to avoid interference

if you use a blutooth system then you have to watch battery life and other interference that goes with bluetooth stuff along with trying to set it up

·
Registered
504 Posts
We have the Scala Cardo and like the system. Have not had any problem with battery life except the last time we went out. I had not paid attention the time before when we were out all day and didn't put them on the charger when we got back. Ours will run all day and then some before needing to be charged. The only thing I don't like very well is how they fit on the helmets. Our helmets have a special port for a particular type of blue tooth system (can't remember the name) that the Scala does not fit.

As far as talking while riding this system works great and is clear sounding. I have not tried all the other gizmo's or FM with it yet.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Bob......Bob......Bob.......The issue is not what we say (and it is true that nothing we say is worth $400.00) The issue is what SHE says......and being the good husband that I am......is priceless

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
LOL !! @ Cory

with all the lumps on me head maybe I need to rethink things on the bike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Comm System

Wife and I use the Cardo Q2 which is great. It is expensive or was when we bought it but no more than our Nolan helmets or riding gear. The main thing is this unit works well with no wires. I was disconcerted the first time a call from our daughter came thru via the Bluetooth connection but it does work well also.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
We use the bluetooth SMH10 dual by Sena Technologies. As long as we don't get very far apart, they work fine. Once they're both turned on, one tap on the dial by either of us turns on both of our devices so we can talk, and one tap by either of us turns both of them off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts