Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done these and if so:

How well do they work in both hot or cold weather?

Can I assume the uppers are independent of the lowers as far as tilt goes?

They don't seem very good looking, do they look okay or like a bad add on?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I looked into them and they are expensive

if you have a RT you need to buy both upper and lower

just think of how bad your gas milage will be once you put those on ?

if you want more cool air then Inspector Gadget has made a deal that looks like they may work

if you want more air away then other than the wings I'm not sure what else is out there

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had the Bakers on my GW and they were terrific . They could be moved to give more air or adjusted back and cut air off. One thing you have to remember is that in the hot summer heat..if you adjust them for more air you're just blowing the surrounding air temp . They def give air flow when adjusted open and on the Wing were great for removing the hot body heat. Don't know about the ones for the spyder but for the GW they were really sturdy and the price isn't all that bad. The cups they sell were great also , extra large size but they weren't cheap but compared to the small ones available for the spyder they are .

·
Registered
76 Posts
Air Wings

I have them on my RTS and found them to be the most cost effective solution for wind management. Have yet to use them in blazing hot weather, but I can see where they would help in managing the blowtorch by my right foot without modifying the factory engineered engine airflow. In my experience, they have been far more effective for the passenger than the rider. Looks like a tweaking pricess for the uppers to manage airflow on me, the pilot. Have you been to the Baker website? They have recently added a video that features a GoldWing that really shows how they work. I'll post a pic when I'm back at my home computer.

Patrick

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
what about your gas milage?

moving a barn door down the road is bad enough but when the doors are opne as wide as they will go also does not seem to be a great idea

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Gas Mileage

Do not notice any change in mileage at all. In fact, in an unrelated event, my mileage has increased slightly since I started using the Star Tron additive to neutralize ethanol. Or it could be a better disciplined wrist.
Patrick

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts