Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For people that have had this done at a dealer... what are you charged for labor?

I wish that I could get the trike high enough (at least 24" off the ground) cause I could do it myself!!

There are 2 different "install" videos on YouTube ... and even with the explaining what they were doing, before each step, they both had this install done in about 45 minutes!!

I asked my local Can Am dealer if they had ever done an install... and the Service Advisor said "Yes, we've installed a lot of those kits!" I asked how much, so they asked the Can Am Certified Tech... he said 2 hours!!! WTF???
And their hourly rate for 3 wheel vehicles is $185 / hr!!! $370 labor??? The Tech is living in a dream world!!!

So, how much would YOU pay to have the Baja Ron Swaybar Kit installed???

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,485 Posts
So, how much would YOU pay to have the Baja Ron Swaybar Kit installed???
On a newer model like that......$0.00

Because there have been many reports that the OEM one has been improved and it might be a waste of your money.

I did my "17 and noticed no difference because about 95% of my riding is in a straight line and not over the speed limit.

·
Registered
2021 F3
12 Posts
I installed the sway bar on my '21 F3. It easily took me longer than two hours. (I'm 66 and medical issues make me work slow, esp when getting up and down from the garage floor numerous times to fetch tools.) I've worked on my own bikes since my teens and rebuilt basket cases so I can turn a wrench. Had to build a wood 'cage' from 2x4s so the motorcycle lift would raise the bike high enough. I suppose you don't have a lift. If it were me, I'd use the cost of labor and put it to a lift ... that you'll have for future projects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts