Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried or have the Utopia backrest?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Utopia Backrest

has anyone tried or have the Utopia backrest?
The Utopia backrest was one of the first mods I installed. Since then I have recommended it several times and installed 3 of them for my spyder buddies.
The workmanship is top notch and the design and upholstering matches the RT and looks great. You will not be disappointed.
If you visit my site you can view mine installed www.spyderrt.embarqspace.com C-YA RL

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've looked at them.. that is why i am wondring. are they easy to install and how hard is it for the passenger to get on?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've looked at them.. that is why i am wondring. are they easy to install and how hard is it for the passenger to get on?
The hardest part is getting the seat back on without loosing any parts down the black hole there in the back.
The backrest folds down making it rather easy for the rear seat ryder to mount and dismount. There is and adjustment where you can adjust front to back fine tuning setting on the fly.
C-YA RL

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so it folds down like the Corbin ones?

Kewl that is one feature I have not seen in any of the info

Mr Gadget I sent you a e-mail to yr addy u have on yr website

·
Registered
34 Posts
back rest

New guy just signed in and learning about the RT's which interest me. With lower back issues, I have to have a good back rest so my question to Inspector Gadget about the Utopia is how far down does it fit on your back?
Does the lower part of the Utopia hit about where your belt is?

And a second question is, does the Utopia "give" when going over bumps?

Reason I ask this is, I have one on my Helix and it does "give" slightly back and forth over bumps which prevents the scrubbing effect I got with one on my Burgman scooter where it did't move or give a bit and caused the scrubbing effect. Had to remove it and make one of my own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts