Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK we would like to put a utopia back rest on the RT and was wondering if the same backrest that the Goldwing uses will work on the Spyder? There are three of us that want to put one on but need to know where to get them?
I have had one on the GW trike for years and really want one on the spyder also.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I have never had a Gold wing, but I don't think they will work as the rest mounts on the seatpan underneath and the bracket is shaped specific to fit the pan

·
Registered
13 Posts
... was wondering if the same backrest that the Goldwing uses will work on the Spyder?
The backrest from the GW may work but the mount will not. The mount is specific to the seat 'pan' form. Also, the Spyder backrest, and I suspect the GW backrest, are designed to compliment the factory upholstery(sp?).

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
yeah there is 2 versions you can order one is the basic one or spend nother $50.00 or so and get it to match the passenger back rest design

i got the cheap version

hehe

you might want to look into the Day Rider version too

when i head there in the spring to get my custom seat I am going to get one of theirs installed also.. so will have a Utopia that will need a good home..

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
LOL

That I shall Bob

was kinda thinking of you actually when the wife and I started thinking about getting the Day Rider one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts