Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that most of my previous problems have worked themselves out and I'm now enjoying the ride. But, while running errands and short trips I spend more time talking to people about the bike then I spend on the bike. The icing on the cake was on my way home from grocery shopping and some guy kept honking his horn until we pulled up to the light. I'm thinking something is wrong with my bike but he just wants information about it. Just like with my Vespa. I streamed down my information so I wasn't spending all day talking. Another awesome ride that many people didn't know much about. My Jeep now sits in the driveway and the Spyder has become my everyday ride. There must be something wrong this is way too much fun.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I did a Saddle Sore 1000 ride (1000 miles in 24 hours). The ride took me about 21 hours total, but each gas stop was 15 - 20 minutes of answering questions. It would have been only about 18 hours without the questions.

Life as a Rock Star!

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
we never bought the bike with the idea of attracting any attention other than being able to be seen by other drivers

but so far all the looks and questions have been fun, we have not had any issues of talking to people about the bike, we usually are never in much of a hurry so an extra few minutes (up to 45 so far) have not bothered us

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
We tend to plan in a few extra minutes for the ride in case I have to get gas. Not because it takes any longer for me to gas up than it does my husband, but for the very thing you're finding... people are instantly friendly and curious!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts