CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have my ChattterBox mounted on the glove box and needed to be able to listen to the onboard radio/Ipod through the helmet headsets.
Not having the other audio add-ons, I went to the radio wireing harness and probed into all of the wires to find the front speaker wires. I tapped into the proper wires and ran them forward to a plug that inserts into the audio port of the ChatterBox. This setup works well, but it seems that the input from the speakers is a little much--as I have to keep the handlebar volume down to a bare minimum.
I am researching inline resistors to possibly cut down on the ChatterBox input feed to allow for more speaker volume.
Any audio wizzards out there with suggestions?
Thanks C-YA RL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With some help from another forum ryder I was able to find what I needed.
I received my part (Scosche LOC80 Speaker to RCA for 2 Speakers) yestarday and spent most of the evening installing it. I had to make the connectors and find a location to install & fasten the 2-channel line output converter.
It just fits under the glove box and is fastened with velcro so it can be removed to make any adjustments. There are adjustments to increase or decrease output to each channel for a perfect balance and volume control.
I would say that this is a great fix to an otherwise very expensive alternative---for me that is(no CB here).
I purchased this unit from crutchfield after reviewing a few other sites, and I am very happy with the price, the speed of shipping and the unit itself. Only potential problem I see is watertightness. I will monitor this for any potential problems.
Thanks C-YA RL

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts