Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting some glo ryder wheel lights for my 2011 rt. Does anyone have any experience on these things? build quailty? light quality?

My '11 RT has the newer style 6 spoke wheels. There are no pictures on the gloryder.com site with the new wheels, and was wondering what they looked like on the new style, but the merchant couldn't accomodate that at the moment.

On the same topic, does anyone have any good way of illuminating the rear wheel?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I have Glo Riders on my RT, I bought the ornage ones, I just picked up green and the blue green boards for next year to mix and match colors, and I am ordering the RT caps today

they look great, but you need to remember they enhance the pictures quite a lot. I have the 6 spoke also ( standard on RT Ltd's)

so just remember the picture are not quite what they seem

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paladin, If you have the newer six spoke wheels, would you mind posting some pics of them illuminated please? Also, I'm trying to decide which version of the gloryders would look best with that particular wheel.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, as mentioned, I'm looking for a good way to illuminate the rear wheel to achieve a similar appearance, but don't necessarily want a full underbody halo.
any suggestions?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I had to take another look at my wheels.. they are 6 spoke and chrome but not the new ones.. just the ones that were stock on 2011..and I took them off for the winter

here is the only shot/s of it at nyte time

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig24prA-kNE]NyteSpyder1 - YouTube[/ame]

they are not very bright as the rest of the bike is a tiny bit brighter, I hope the new ones I have for next year will pop out a bit more

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine are the 6 spoke stock on the 2011 RT-AC.
I didn't see any of the GloRyders in that video.
Definitely one lit-up bike though.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
they are there just need to look at the fron wheels

as I said with the rest of the bike lit up they are hard to see, that's why I got some green lights for bluey ones for next year

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 99$ is just for the stock chrome version. I ordered the billet plus version with the RT caps. Got a deal and only had to pay for the Billet cap version. I called them right as they were closing and got the machine. They returned the call a minute later but it didnt ring through to my phone. Then Will called me back an hour later, after their hours. Calling me back after they have closed? Thats some good customer service!

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
yeah they sure do that

When I first got in touch with them 4 months ago they called me about 9 ish or so their time.. and great service too. my new RT caps were mailed same afternoon I ordered them.. just waiting on mail now

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Got my glo-ryders today in the mail. Popped center cap off. installed mounting ring. went to install the housing.. but wait a minute... where are the 10/42 mounting screws... aww crap. I'm not overly upset about these inexpensive screws not being included or accidentally forgotten. a trip to home depot will take care of that. I just hate leaving projects half-finished. Wanted to see my glowing wheels tonight. Mark me disappointed.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
nice

It shows much better than mine as I have the regular wheels

but can't wiat till next year to see what the other colors I have will look like

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
After installation, do your wheels occasionally make clack sound? I backed mine out of the garage and took it around the block tonight after installation. and sometimes when I hit the clutch or the brake one of the tires (happening on both of them) will occasionally make a clack sound that can sometimes actually be felt. Hope i didn't do something wrong. This could get on my nerves.

The picture above was taken in the total darkness of my garage. I'll post some night time pics in a bit.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
no goofy sounds from mine. if you followed their instructions and tightened all the screws and bolts you should be fine

I used blue locktight on the bolts that hold them to the wheels just so the bolts won't back off when I am riding

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
did you take the wheels off to install them?

I did not, maybe something did not settle back into place if you did

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One was installed while on the bike. The other one would not slide in easily and got stuck so i had to take it off the bike and take a rubber mallet to make it go in the rest of the way. Sound I was hearing was coming from both wheels (but not simultaneously). Either things settled into the place they needed to be or my new helment has blocked out the sounds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts