CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how/win the dealers sell off their demos?

We saw a blue RT that has really got us thinking about make this big move (for us) at the end of August/begining of summer

A little nervious about taking the plunge having just turned 50 and never ridden

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my first Harley at 58! First time I even sat on a motorcycle. Rode the Harley for 5 years and sold it. 1 1/2 years later I'm watching tv and an ad comes on for the Spyder. Next thing I know I'm riding it home. Go for it, we have an RS and my wife loves riding with me so that makes it even more fun.

As far as demo's go I think it's the same as buying a demo car. You should be able to negotiate a good price since the dealer normally takes a write down on the unit for as long as it is in demo service. Ah...negotiating that's when the fun initially starts. Warranty usually starts from the day and mileage you take delivery as the owner and it is titled as new not used since it really has never been sold. Good luck and you will enjoy the new addition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Purchased a demo today.... Had about 1000 miles on it and got away with an incredible deal! To answer your question: It depends on the individual dealer's discretion. The dealer's don't like to run up too many miles on their selected demo bikes... and if they have stock coming in fairly consistently, I believe they would be more willing to make a demo deal! Hope this gives you some sort of perspective on the topic... Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
but I heard that Can-Am is done making 2010 model year Spyders. so no new ones unless they get from another dealer until 2011 models come out end of the year I am guessing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts