Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
You don't understand the problem with overfilling.
When you DO that, it gets liquid fuel into the emission system plumbing where it should NOT be and it stays there virtually forever.......and causes a problem until it is fixed.
Do some forum searching for "evaporative emission canister".
Ok, thanks. I will check on that.

·
Registered
2017 F3-T
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hello to all of my technical support team. Here is the latest on my problem. It appears to have been solved. Hopefully I am not jinxing myself but have had 3 successful short runs with no problem. The solution appears to be fuel related. Problem existed before and after oil change. Before and after tune-up. Before and after replacing battery. Wasn't riding the brake. Problem appears solved after running 5 gallons of racing fuel and Sea Foam concentrated fuel injector cleaner (5.25oz) thru the system. It failed once after a couple of gallons and half of the cleaner. Put the rest of the cleaner thru with more high octane fuel and so far so good. Will run another 5 gallons high octane thru it and see what happens. Thanks to all who contributed. Will followup a little later with an update. Safe riding to all.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,652 Posts
Will run another 5 gallons high octane thru it and see what happens.
The octane of the fuel had NOTHING to do with your problem.......or with solving it.
It was the fuel system cleaner that did the trick if it is indeed fixed.

And I mentioned to someone else in this thread about over-filling the tank.
Any chance that you are in the habit of doing THAT ?
Or that it was inadvertently done once in the past ??

21 - 25 of 25 Posts