Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another retired guy looking for a thrill! I just picked up my new viper red RT-S Spyder with the SE5 transmission. If I can just stop honking the horn (big, long thumb) everytime I go to shift, I'll be fine. Already got past the first 50 mile jitters. It can only get better from here!:D

George

·
Registered
377 Posts
Beautiful machine. The wife and I were thinking of trading for one exactly like yours, color and all. We would trade my 09 RS and her Yamaha T-Max. She would give up riding for the backseat position on the RT-S. I'm not so sure now however since I have heard of several problems with the RT. Will wait and see; no hurry since I am already riding a Spyder. David

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Viper REEEEEEEED! What a fantastic choice! and the color of my first two Vipers :D It sure looks sweet on the Spyder, once you get over the new ride jitters, you'll start noticing all those folks staring at you while you are out having the fun they wish they were having! Happy retirement, sounds like a fun retirement is ahead :) By the way, your "rolling home" behind the Spyder looks like "part 2" of a great retirement, will the Spyder be following it on a trailer by chance?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, George!!

Great looking Spyder - made me say "wow" out loud! Love the color and the lines. You're correct, it just gets better from here. :) Get ready to have it take twice as long at the gas station... not because the tank is bigger, but because the other patrons are curious!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Response

By the way, your "rolling home" behind the Spyder looks like "part 2" of a great retirement, will the Spyder be following it on a trailer by chance?
That part is still up in the air since I tow a car behind the Motorhome. There's a place in Arkansas that makes tow dollys that can load large bikes in the front. But I'm afraid that rig would be too heavy for my current MH. I'm also looking at larger MH toy haulers with garages.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
That part is still up in the air since I tow a car behind the Motorhome. There's a place in Arkansas that makes tow dollys that can load large bikes in the front. But I'm afraid that rig would be too heavy for my current MH. I'm also looking at larger MH toy haulers with garages.
All these new Arkansas Spyder Ryders! My in-laws have a gorgeous Class A diesel pusher. Hopefully diesel fuel drops soon (it their motor home has moved in the last year and a half)... at its current price the rig drinks about 70 cents a mile! The recent class of Motorhome/trailer toy haulers as nifty, My brother has a fifth wheeler that has a garage in the back he uses for cycles and bikes.

·
Registered
377 Posts
All these new Arkansas Spyder Ryders! My in-laws have a gorgeous Class A diesel pusher. Hopefully diesel fuel drops soon (it their motor home has moved in the last year and a half)... at its current price the rig drinks about 70 cents a mile! The recent class of Motorhome/trailer toy haulers as nifty, My brother has a fifth wheeler that has a garage in the back he uses for cycles and bikes.
Fuel prices ain't gonna drop anytime soon - not until there is some serious drilling in this country and off our shores. When will that be remotely possible? Oh, maybe sometime after 2012. David

·
Registered
17 Posts

Love the color I,am waiting to pick my new ride up next week my first spyder.
And the price of fuel here in Tasmania on the west coast where i live is $1.57au a litre here

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Tassie - if our gas prices reach where yours are, I'll be riding my Spyder daily instead of just for fun. Welcome to the club, and start a thread with pics when you bring yours home!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome, Tassie - if our gas prices reach where yours are, I'll be riding my Spyder daily instead of just for fun. Welcome to the club, and start a thread with pics when you bring yours home!
When prices get like that (and it's a very real possibility unfortunately) I'll be riding a bicycle except when the weather is bad. David

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
That works out to a little over $6.00 a gallon. We'll be joining you before too long in paying that kind of price. David
Pretty soon we'll all be forced to quit eating so we can enjoy putting gas in our toys! The Spyder is for sure a good way to get the best fun per gallon :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts