Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I did it, I bought mYself a used spyder ..2009 se5.. Gonna pick it up in a week.
I am excited but nervous ESP after reading all the negative reviews of late.
My question is ,, does anyone use an alarm system?
I don't have a garage to store it so am thinking about getting a cover for it..not a clue where to get it or if it's worth purchasing.
What items are a must have for spyder owner.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Welcome to our little slice of the pie! :D
Covers:
BRP has the ones that'll fit the best. Pricey; but cheaper than a garage... :eek:
Antitheft measures are such a personal issue... Do what you need to do to protect your property and don't worry about justifying it to anybody. :cool:
What items are a must-have?
You are on a VeRy slippery slope now! :eek:
Again; personalizing your Spyder is what it's all about, so whatever you like as far as performance, styling or functional changes are on the table!
Good luck, and Happy Shopping!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are a number of folks here who use alarms on their Spyders. It tends to do more to keep the honest, honest, as apposed to keeping a serious thief from running off with your Spyder.

I would not worry too much about what you read regarding the model you are buying. BRP seems to do a fair job of addressing issues, and those without issues are not posting, as they are out enjoying their Spyders.

It is a Sport Bike, not an artificial heart. get it, make it your own, find a shop that you trust to work on it, and get out there and have some fun.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!!! I agree with the guys - though not sure of what's different between the '09 and '08, I've found the heat shield to be the most useful, followed closely by the mirror extensions.

Looking forward to pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts