Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished up a ride today and somewhere between 135 and 200 miles I noticed the Analog Speedometer is stuck on 35mph at all times, even when the vehicle is shut off. I didn't notice right away because I tend to use the digital indicator, and I was just having too much fun. It didn't start out this way. Has anyone else noticed this? I plan on taking it to the dealer, but if it's a simple fix my husband will take a shot at it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It started working again today. Go figure. I will keep an eye on it from now until the 600 mile service check up.

UPDATE: works sometimes but not others. When it is working it seems to consistently lag the digital speedo by about 5 mph. It will stay on the list of issues for the 600mile check up unless the other issues get worse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a quick update. The dealer checked it out at the 600 mile maintenance and contacted Polaris. They have agreed to replace the cluster so a new one is on order. I am waiting for it to come in as it currently is on back order. Should be in any day now. In the mean time I use the center speed read out and let the analog do its thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Still love my Spyder!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
So today I went for a ride. My analog speedo was all over the place, showing + or - 20MPH at any point in time. After my bike sat in the sun for an hour, it started behaving. I should have taken a picture or video to give to the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer replaced the cluster on Monday. No issues with it currently after about 150 miles.

They did forget to reset the suspension so it showed manual and I had to take it right back for them to do that. Acutally my husband took it back because I had to take of other obligations. He told me they initially told him it is showing manual now because it has infinite adjustment vs just the 5 settings it shows on the display. Well, being and engineer and having already read the owners manual before I even got my machine, he basically (but in a professional way) said bull s*#@. They said they could call BRP which he said he told them....yeah, you had better because that isn't right. Appparently 20 minutes later it was back to the way it should be. Guess they got someone to read the service manual and do what was required. Glad he was there to handle it.

Disappointing to be honest. We were so happy with that dealer until this. He is going to call the sales person we deal with and let him know what happened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts