Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me too also waiting up here in Wisconsin, but Sales guy said it was a Reverse Actuator ? That was preventing me from taking home my 2022 F3-S that I had just purchased May 21st, he mentioned that after I made the purchase... trying to get updates has been like pulling teeth... not real happy with the dealership

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,485 Posts
trying to get updates has been like pulling teeth... not real happy with the dealership
How often have you called asking for an "update" ?
Have they ever told you that there ARE NO UPDATES and the parts just show up ???

I can about imagine that THE DEALER isn't too happy either, being blamed for something over which they have NO control........along with spending time on the phone with people looking for "updates".

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2022 RTL arrived at the dealer about 3-4 weeks ago but is missing the windshield motor and I think also the windshield frame. As well, the reverse actuator is AWOL. There is no estimate as to when the dealer will receive these items.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How often have you called asking for an "update" ?
Have they ever told you that there ARE NO UPDATES and the parts just show up ???

I can about imagine that THE DEALER isn't too happy either, being blamed for something over which they have NO control........along with spending time on the phone with people looking for "updates".
Actually never called - this thing called email these days, just would've been nice if they didn't keep saying "any day now" & just stated from the start that they are not receiving updates from BRP, instead of waiting 2 weeks to tell me that... you must've just glanced at my post - because I wasn't "blaming" anyone. The mfg I work for is also waiting on "Chips" to ship our products. So I'm very aware of the Industry wide shortage.

They didn't tell me until after I signed the financial paperwork that I couldn't take the F3-S home that day.

It also took them 10 days to believe me when I said from the start that to adjust the pedals we needed to order a different Brake Bar, the pedals don't adjust on the fly on these 2022 F3-S's like previous models -

& yes still waiting on the Reverse actuator - over 3 weeks now -

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2022 RTL arrived at the dealer about 3-4 weeks ago but is missing the windshield motor and I think also the windshield frame. As well, the reverse actuator is AWOL. There is no estimate as to when the dealer will receive these items.
Mine too the reverse actuator - waiting over 3 weeks too - keep up posted - If I hear anything I'll post an update also -
bummer !

·
Registered
2022 CanAm Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky
1 Posts
My new Sea to Sky showed up at the dealer on April 12th missing a windshield motor, reverse actuator, and left handlebar control module. Parts finally arrived May 26th. It took the dealer's service department until June 7th to install the missing parts. I was able to pick it up today, but it is still missing the driver backrest. Dealer had to file a claim with BRP for that. At least I can now enjoy riding my new toy after waiting 10 months for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The 2022 F3 comes with an adjustable motorized windshield?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had visited a Can Am dealer across town last month to test ride a new 2022 RTL. They had an RTL in stock but it was missing the windshield components so I passed on it. I then went to a different dealer and they had a 2022 still in the crate. Due to my earlier disappointing experience at the first dealer, I made the dealer assure me that they had all the parts to deliver the bike to me the next day. In fact, I made them open the crate and take inventory of the windshield motor, windshield frame, and reverse actuator and other parts. They assured me everything was in the crate, so I made the deal, gave them a deposit, and promised I'd return the next day with a cashier's check for the balance of the purchase price. I told them that I wouldn't give them the check unless they delivered a complete bike. They delivered the bike the next day and nothing was missing, much to my relief. Whew! I'm sorry to hear of the stories of others here who are waiting on parts. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I ordered a 2022 RT limited in april and came in on the 29th of june. It is missing the window motor also.. Who knows when it will be in and ready for pickup..lol It is what it is and going with the flow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts