Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Request feedback of owners either using the TeamFast CAN-AM SPYDER ROADSTER Airwave Air-Ride Suspension System $695.00 or the KewlMetal Can-Am Spyder Air Ride System $1300.

TeamFast Airwave
CAN-AM SPYDER ROADSTER Air-Ride Suspension System $695.00 - blog - news - TeamFAST Snowmobile Suspension

Kewlmetal Air Ride
Can-Am Spyder Air Ride System - KD-141 - $1,303.95

I had the kewmetal on my spyder, it was nice for two up to help keep the bike level but I did not like the ride. Its was very difficult to get a plush ride out it. With and angel grinder I was able to make it work with the side luggage. If I had to do it all over again I would not have gone this route. I felt it was just to firm without much travel. It was very difficult to adjust while driving as you did not know how much or how little air was left. I have a crane creek AD10 on my mountain bike, it can be setup very plush and has plenty of dampening an rebound. I could not get the same with the kewmetal
air ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Airwave air shock suspension/RT shocks - Awesome!

Installed the Airwave rear shock and RT front shocks and springs with the new anti-sway bar and let's just say an Indy car has nothing on our 2010 Spyder RS. Totally awesome would be a a complete understatement. Now drives like it should have straight from the factory. Nice ride even two up and no wheel lifting in turns or wobbling down the road. We road home the other day in 40 kt crosswinds with aplomb. We can take curves so tight we can make the rear wheel slide and do it with confidence. The Airwave just soaks up the bumps and no more sucking the license plate under with the rear wheel (removed sub-fender and license relo kit). Airwave is easily adjusted on the fly for a single rider or two up at 650 lbs gross.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is "Airwave Rear Shock and RT Front Shocks and springs with anti-sway bar?

I have 2011 RT and the front end darts left and right, lots of body roll in curves, hard to steer in sharp turns.
Would air shocks help to make it more stable?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have 2011 RT and the front end darts left and right, lots of body roll in curves, hard to steer in sharp turns.
Would air shocks help to make it more stable?
You may want to adjust the shock pre-load on your shocks. Be sure lube the adjuster and lift the wheel off the ground before you make the adjustment.

Make sure you are not holding the handlebars too tight. This is one of the biggest mistakes made by new riders. The Spyder takes very little input and holding too tight will cause you to oversteer.

If this does not help have the alignment checked. Too much toe in will cause the RT to dart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts