Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one use these?

Air Wings w/Uppers for Spyder RT

I can see using them in the cold, but in warm/hot weather I like having the wind blow on us.

I know they are adjustable too so you either get the air or not, but i am wondering if they are worth the money..

also I am wondering if one needs to order more than one for a Spyder?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I had a set of "Baker-Builts" on my 'Wing and they were great! Worth the money??? That is something that only you can anwer... I WILL tell you that they work very well...:cool:
Now I put the 2011 model year chrome lower air deflectors on my RT and they do close up the air pocket around you a bit; but not much more air gets to the rider. Fuel economy due to lower aerodynamic resistance appears to be only minimally affected; perhaps a 1/2mpg better.
The Bakers are an enormous air dam out there in the breeze; They WILL affect mpgs! :eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx Bob

I was looking at the lower air delfectors too, but have no idea how to install them

even the parts guy at the dealership was confused

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can you post a picture?

we got a set in but the instructions looked like they were under the bike

unless of course we are talking about 2 diff things..

hehe

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
We've got to be missing something in our translations here... :eek:
The "Lower Air Deflectors" that I'm referring to are the ones that are attached to the bodywork on the sides and just below the mirrors.
(Upper air deflectors being the ones that hide behind the windshield when it's all the way down...)
Are you talking about those suckers that are down just in front of your feet? The big black ones that you're not supposed to use as a footrest?
I had them off when I stripped the Tupperware to install my floorboards; pretty easy, but you've got to remove everything else form the top down first! :eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts