Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone, which after market exhaust is the loudest? I have listened to videos on YouTube, but they all sound the same. Need some feedback from people that have them. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you thought about trying to remove the baffle out of the stock muffler?? I would like to try it before I spend the extra bucks..

·
Registered
504 Posts
I like the Hindle I got off e-bay. The price was very good and it's a little louder and deeper but not so much to be obnoxious. I also like that it's about half the weight of the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I actually hadn't thought about the converter, but I was stunned by how much lighter the hindle was when I put it on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you thought about trying to remove the baffle out of the stock muffler?? I would like to try it before I spend the extra bucks..
Can you remove them? I have a Honda VTX and I drilled the outside baffle and removed the inside baffle, but I had to cut inside the pipes and weld them when I was done. It's obnoxious, just the way I like it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can you remove them? I have a Honda VTX and I drilled the outside baffle and removed the inside baffle, but I had to cut inside the pipes and weld them when I was done. It's obnoxious, just the way I like it!
Not sure if it can be done or not.. I havent tried YET..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Question: Are you looking for a simple volume of noise, or quality of sound?
Is "obnoxious" actually what you're looking for?:eek:
A little of both. I want a nice sound and I want others to be able to tell it's running when they are a few feet away when it is idling.

·
Registered
504 Posts
That's what I like about the hindle. It has a nice healthy sound that people take notice of but it's not like the Harleys that when they go by rattle your teath and drown out everything around. Maybe it's my age now but to me healthy sounding good, blast you out of your socks bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My husband and I just both installed the Two Brothers Black Series Dual Exhaust....and OMG. Its totally bad a$$ sounding..we get serious thumbs ups and head turning everywhere. It sounds amazing and we did our homework..so my vote is on Two brothers. The black series will run you 1200.00. But since mothers day was close..I made it my mothers day gift hehe :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Last weekend I fab'd an exhaust (from O2 sensor back) out of a custom made Y adapter and two 1200 Sportster mufflers. I chose the Sporty cans due to their diameter and engine size rating. My exhaust is now 2 into 1 into 2.
I was looking to rid my Spyder of its "sewing machine" sound and did I ever! The first start up scared the heck out of my daughter, woke the neighbors and made the local cats pee themselves! The "potato-potato" sound of the stock Harley through those cans was eschanged for the slightly muffled sound of a top fuel dragster.
Ok, maybe not THAT bad but a surprise indeed! These cans are NOT subtle.
I rode it for a couple of days, alternating speeds and shutting down / cooling off every 15-20 minutes to allow the computer to adjust to the new levels. I pulled the plugs and they seem fine.
The mufflers (ha) have enough back pressure so the POP POP POP is not present upon deceleration - something I loathe. Time will tell if I keep the set up or choose something a bit more...civil?
Have a great one!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I run the hindle but Im looking at the two brothers duel pipe. Just as light and a little more gure to it. Hindle is great at idle and getting to your top speed but don't put out much when there. I do plan on taking out the tatter (baffle) before I commit. Also quick note have heard storys of some after market pipes causing hesitation and other problems.

·
Registered
504 Posts
This is going to sound funny but to me the hindle sounds far different when riding than when not.......Last week when I went up to pick my Spyder up after the new brakes were done I was standing outside waiting for the service tech to bring it over from the building it was stored in. I was thinking when they were moving rigs around and I could hear them that I kind of wished my Spyder sounded like that........then around the corner came my Spyder. My point is that when riding I don't hear the growl like I did when the service tech was bringing it around. All in all not a bad thing when riding long distances.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just an update.
The two Sporty cans are doing great and from what pedestrians say the sound at speed is not obnoxious at all, just throaty.
I've noticed mid range RPM (>3000 or so) power has increased noticeably which is wonderful for passing, etc...
Now, a question for those with aftermarket exhaust: Have you noticed an increase in MPG since install? Maybe I just drove like a grandpa this last tankfull but I filled up 5 gallons on the dot and had 198 miles on the trip-o-meter. In my book that's almost 40 mpg.
Am I on crack or what??? Could the exhaust make that much difference?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts