Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 RT-S. When I touch the keypad for the adjustable rear suspension the screen says: "Manual" on the left hand side rather than having a bar graph showing where the suspension really is. Can I drive it safely? The manual says to bring in for service as soon as possible. Is there something that I could do to fix or reset this so that I am not without my Spyder? :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing and I've been riding it like that for the last month. I don't plan on having it looked at until the 600 mile service. The lack of the air adjustable shock only means that you can't adjust what shock absorbtion occurs with the rear spring shock.

George

·
Registered
34 Posts
I finally had the service done, but they claim that the air adjustable shock was working all the time. I still get the manual read out, but I can now hear the compressor running which it wasn't before. The service manager claims they did nothing to it. I thought that the air suspension was supposed to be self-adjusting. The service manager claims that it is only manual. So, I'm thoroughly confused now.

·
Registered
570 Posts
On the RT Limited, it is all automatic adjusting. I can hear the pump and vent operating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My new 2011 RTS has the loss or rear air suspension too. Dealer said BRP acknowledge there was a problem and had a downloadable fix for it. However, after doing it, I have the problem again. I can't adjust it idling or while driving. It's at lowest setting. Probably can manually adjust but I want to take it to dealer tomorrow as it is.

·
Registered
570 Posts
My air suspension acted up once. It would only allow me to reduce the air pressure as I was riding or stopped. After about 20 minutes, the trunk open warning light lit up. After closing the trunk, the air suspension stopped acting up. Doesn't sound like this is your problem, but I thought I share my experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts