Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Polaris Rzr EPS 570 SXS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had some back issues over the years, lower back pain and some sciatica. When I saw what Can Am wanted for a drivers back rest I knew the solution would lie elsewhere. Went on Amazon and ordered this one from Big Bike Parts for $244 delivered in 3 days:

Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Vehicle Synthetic rubber

The install was a PITA o_O:eek: mainly due to the poorly written instructions {Made in Taiwan}. The fit and finish are very good and it seems quite sturdy. When I read the reviews online before purchasing it was highly recommended that I go to You Tube and watch a couple of videos about the seat removal process and this was VERY good advice.

Took it out for a short test ride this morning and am very pleased. The back support is good and frankly improves my posture as I sit a little taller and straighter on the seat. The next test will be a longer ride that I hope to get to this week.

Plant Cap Hat Automotive tire Shade

The new backrest does not interfere with my brides boarding as it lays flat/forward. When she is seated it doesn't bother her as she has enough clearance. There is a small zippered pouch that snaps onto the back of the rest which she finds handy and I will probably use it to store my registration and proof of insurance which will be handier than being buried in the rear trunk.

:cool:

·
Registered
2017 RTL
59 Posts
That backrest looks good on your Spyder.
If you are not happy with it for some reason look at the Utopia backrest for the RT Spyder
It gets really good reviews on the Spyderlovers forum.
Ryde safe and enjoy the Ryde
Artie

·
Registered
2017 Polaris Rzr EPS 570 SXS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got home from a nice 130 miles ride testing the comfort level of the new backrest. We rode from our home in Payson at 5,000' north to Camp Verde which involves a lot of serious mountain roads at 7,300'+ followed by the long descent down to Camp Verde at 3,000'. I was playing chicken with a massive wall of incoming Monsoon thunderstorms for most of the ride but managed to get home dry.

The backrest really adds a lot of comfort, so much so that I forgot it was there for a good portion of the trip which tells me it is working and working well. My bride has no issues so long as we rock it forward to facilitate here getting on/off and her riding comfort is not impacted at all. All in all $244 well spent!

:cool:

·
Registered
2021 F3
14 Posts
In all my 50+ years of riding motorcycles, I never used a driver back rest on any bike. That was until I got medical issues, mainly spine issues, and a Spyder. I bought my first back rest from Lamonster Garage. It was on my F3 last season and this season. Don't think I'd ever get rid of it. Adds a good bit of support and comfort on an old back and legs. Good luck with the new back rest and hope you like it as much as I like mine!(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts