Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was in the shop gettin service done and got bored to start to look through the accessories catalogue and found this

5 - LED Front Accent Lighting Kit. Says it is standard on RT-S and RT Ltd Models. The above it is the HID system, which I got, it says there the Accent Lights are an option. I went hmmmmm.. and talked to the parts guy guy and he did not know either, so I went home and took a look at my old Halogen lights and saw a small panel in the rear with wires sticking out, so went hmmmm again and so proceeded to take the front off the bike and take a look at the back of the HID's and found the same panel with no wires sticking out so added 2+2 and got 22 so swapped each panel and found the plug for the original lights and went WOO HOO !!!!!!! have 2 more accent lights at the front of the bike now

they are not any where nears as bright as the HID's but they look kewl.

those accent lights are $185.00 so saved myself a ton of cash

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Always happy to see things work out for the best!! :D Got before and after pics?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i posted a vid here earlier with some shots from the front, but HID's look the same more or less but will take a couple of pics with the accent lights in tonite

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ok picture 1 is my old headlight (halogen) bucket, you will notice a small reflector on the left side, this used to be in the HID buckets instead of the LED's in the rest of the pics

There is the same reflector in the fog light housings so I wonder if the same LED's can be fit in there, so need to find out out to take them out to look, then IF they will fit if there is a connector to hook them up to. Or maybe have to run wires to the other set.

I think that would look even better especailly in the dark. that video is still in the works, but I want to finish all the lights before I do that, so hopefully in the next month or so.. one set of new lights in the mail now, the other 2 sets are being worked on now..

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah for some stupid reason they DONT come with the factory HID set up and are a $185.00 option

so all I did was take the ones from my factory halogen boxes and put them in the HID boxes.. took about an hour I guess

I want to see if the reflector/s in the fog lights are the same and if they are I want to either add a set of white ones or if the guy at tricled.com can figure it out I want to add a set of yellow ones so have white AND yellow fog lights

who ever thought that white lights in the fog work has to have his head examined

sheesh

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I know.. he never knew about the accent light

now he does as we have been in contact for a while now

so he is going to look into it

but are you sure the fog light reflector is not the same as the accent light/s?

cause I want yellow in there if he can make it work.. hehe

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts