Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well wife and I did our weekly ride on Friday.. put over 450 miles on her..

Great learnign exp as we did all mountain roads ..

Put nother 150 or so today..

So here's what I learned:

- Airhawks/Utopia seat back = 100 % better that not having them, but me thinks a Corbin/Airhawk combo on by this time next year will just fine ( start saving pennies now)

- bike is afraid of wind gusts. Gave us a WHOAA !! moment, she got scared and changed lanes without me moving the steering at all. good thing no oncoming traffic or else big SPLAT !! was going to happen

- Satelight radio was a bit better but still sucked so went to the US of A and smuggled back an Ipod so busy ripping all our old music we both like so far border guards been more interested in the bike the last 2 times were down there and never declared most of what we brought back

- found my right hip and knee bothered me alot, but I think it is just the leg angle, I need some floor boards I think, can't afford the expensve ones so going to try Mr. Gadgets version and see how they work, if not then need to save more pennies

- and last but not least I am going to have POPEYE forearms before long, that is some work out on mountain curvey roads

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that you had a Big Eye and Brown Shorts lane-change moment! :eek: I have found that dropping the windshield a bit lower does a lot to reduce the affects of the wind... at the expense of wind noise! :eek:
If you get caught by the border cops don't worry; we'll all pitch in to keep your Spyder well-ridden! :D
Some folks simply add some pegs up front for a place where they can stretch out as the need arises... I went with 'Boards and love them! The best money spent so far on modifications for me! :cool:
Keep up the saddle reports!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
windshield was as low as it gets.

I have put on "scuff plates" on the plastic wings under the vents, and when i stretch my right leg I can touch the fender, but am not sure if that is enough.

the funniest part of the 2 days was Friday night coming home. We stopped at a Mickey D's about 10:00 and just as we were parking 3 cops followed us in and parked all around us. I said to the one cop " we did not do it", he said " don't you feel well protected now?" . Then they all came over and gave the bike the "once" over and asked all the normal questions, one even got his flashlight out and looked at the front suspension. In the mean time people inside the resturant had their noses pushed so far into the windows trying to see what was going on. Then after about 15 minutes we all went inside to have a bite to eat. The people inside now scrambled to pick up their jaws off the ground. We then talked a bit more as we waited in line. Wife and I laughed about it for the next 30 min or so on the way home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts