Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
I wouldn't exactly call it what I would consider reasonable but mine was a bit over three hundred. In all fairness having to pull all those body panels off does take time and is a hassle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wouldn't exactly call it what I would consider reasonable but mine was a bit over three hundred. In all fairness having to pull all those body panels off does take time and is a hassle.
From my understanding, it takes 2 hours to do the 600 mile check if the dealer is following the items the manual lists. Most dealers in our area have a $85+ per hour labor rate.
If you add the oil, filters (2 required) and washers, etc. the total should be over $200. Fortunately, I negotiated the first service be included when I bought mine and just had the service done this past weekend.
If you do a "search" in the forums for this topic, you will find more specific pricing listed including the cost of the filters and other parts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just had the 600 mile service done a few days ago and the total was $225.00 on the paperwork...However, my first 6 services were included in my purchase price so I had no out-of-pocket. Well, I bought a new helmet when I went back to pick her up, but that doesn't count!:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Danny,
Nice to meet you in person on Sunday.
We had our 600 done a little while back and it was just under $200.
Hope this helps.
Dee

·
Registered
34 Posts
$190 I was told by my dealer in Albemarle NC, but I did it myself. I asked the svc mngr whether I should have the computer check done and basically he said if all is running well, leave it till a later service, say 10K. Sounded good to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
600 mile - expensive

my 600 mile service just cost me $392. It was over $120 for parts and the rest was for 2-3/4 hours of labor. I am dreading the 3000 mile oil changes if this is representative how it is going to be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my 600 mile service just cost me $392. It was over $120 for parts and the rest was for 2-3/4 hours of labor. I am dreading the 3000 mile oil changes if this is representative how it is going to be.
I'm right there with you. I just had my 600 mile service done and it was almost $400. According to my receipt, the tech charged 3.5 hours labor plus parts.

After reading what others are paying for service, I think my dealer is high. I don't know if the tech is inexperienced and taking longer to do the service or if he is going over everything with a fine tooth comb. I know the Can-Am products are fairly new for this dealer, so maybe the tech wants to make sure he is doing everything correctly. The dealership normally sells Kawasaki and Polaris. Now the dealer has added Can-Am ATVs, spyders, and sea-doos to their inventory.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The Oil changes are about $150, $75 parts and one hour labor. The labor rate at your dealer will be the difference.

Good news! The oil change frequency has changed to 4600 miles if you use the new BRO oil and transmission filters (On SE5). The new transmission filter is longer and requires a new cover, provided free for a limited time by BRP.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Hey Jeff

do you have any part numbers or any other info?

my parts guy does not know anything about this and does not think you can put a larger filter in there

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
ty muchly

I sent the link to my parts guy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts