Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to order the 9" Kewl-metel handle bars and throttle cable extensions. I liked the 7" bars but I think the 9's will give me the last little bit I want. It should be as close to having RT handle bars as you can get on an RS.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyting came and had planned to put the bars on last Sat morning so took it in for oil change and to let them put the longer throttle cables on Thursday morning. Only problem was that they sent two push cables instead of one push and the longer pull. Friday talked to the cable maker and was promised the correct cable that arrived at the dealer yesterday. I now have three push cables. Talked again the the cable maker and he talked to the dealer so hopefully they got it right this time and will get the bike back on thursday and put the bars on this Sat.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a longer pull cable on Thursday........still to short. Apparently the bracket on the 2010 is different than the originals so I was down to two options. Send everything back or have my dealer send the newest cables over to a company they knew of in Nampa and have custom wires built and put in the casings. I opted to have the custom wires built and am hoping to get my spyder back on Monday. Crappy weekend in Boise anyway.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
egads !!!!!!!!

hehe

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I had known what a headache this was going to be just to try the 9 inchers I would have left well enough alone!

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
oh boy that statement is just begging to have a not so nice reply

hehe

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
hahaha

I bet you were ducking too

hehe

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have the right length cables and put the new bars on last Saturday. Was a little worried that the electrical cables wouldn't have enough slack or that the brake line for the hand brake wouldn't be long enough. Well everything works and I really like the feel of the bars.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
wheww

about time

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While I really like the 9" bars after all the hassle to get the right length cables etc... I think if I had it to do over again I would have stuck with the 7" bars.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have now had these 9" bars on for about 500 miles and feel like I have them adjusted correctly. Last week I compared them against a friends RT and noticed the angle/tilt on mine was not as pronounced as on the RT. Other than that and the fancy bar cover on the RT they are pretty close to the same. I tilted mine down a little more and the difference was a lot more than I expected in a good way. My Wife and I went for a 150 mile ride yesterday and today I have no upper arm and lower back fatigue like I would get before on longer rides and the steering feels great.

Back when I first got started here I think I mentioned that I wish I could put RT bars on my RS. Well I think this is as close as I am ever going to get. So even with all the hassle I am glad I did it.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
very kewl I'm glad you finally got it all sorted out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts