Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 2011 A & C and it comes stock with and IPOD cord in the rear cargo bin. I noticed there is a 3.5 mm hookup standard on the limited model and an option on the A & C. Is all that's to this is a different cord that plugs into the same port that the IPOD uses that has a male end for 3.5 mm? Or is there another port that needs to be installed on the bike?

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
No, the cord is all you need to plug in any MP3 player. The diffference between it and the IPOD cord is that all you get is the music - the integration of the playlist/artist function in the digital screen only occurs with the IPOD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to know....I am starting to piece this together so thanks. So, I wonder if the limited RT which comes with the 3.5mm hookup also has the integration of the playlist/artist function or if that is just not possible with any of the Spyder models?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do any of you know whether the iPod draws power from the battery of the Spyder when the bike is off? I was at the dealer yesterday (for something else) and the service manager didn't know the answer. I've been unplugging my iPod after every ride in case the answer is yes, but if the answer is no then I can leave it plugged in permanently unless I'm adding songs to it. Thanks for any feedback! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do any of you know whether the iPod draws power from the battery of the Spyder when the bike is off? I was at the dealer yesterday (for something else) and the service manager didn't know the answer. I've been unplugging my iPod after every ride in case the answer is yes, but if the answer is no then I can leave it plugged in permanently unless I'm adding songs to it. Thanks for any feedback! :)
Ipod does not draw from battery when engine turned off. I only unplug mine when I'm going to add songs. Radio/Ipod is always on. You can only mute the speakers. On ipod, songs will still cycle through. You won't start where you were when you muted the sound by holding in the down arrow on the bottom. To restart at a certain place on your ipod, manually change the ipod itself. Is that clear??? All that is covered in that separate quick reference folder about the electronic command center.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts