Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed these on their bike. I like the look of the amber blinker but not sure I want the red blinking as well. Wandering if I can just route the red light wires to my running lights and call it a day. I put in a electric fuse block so Im thinking I can run the red wires to it and just have the sequential amber lights

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,031 Posts
My guess is that the red ones are just "tail lights" and will not blink.
But call them and ask.
They are great people to deal with.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are sequential also. I just dont know if I would like the look of the red flashing.

·
Super Moderator
1,031 Posts
They are sequential also. I just dont know if I would like the look of the red flashing.
I'm pretty sure I would NOT like it.
Too much flashing of different colors might be distracting for drivers behind.
AND it might be distracting to YOU too if those new lights shine up in your eyes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have them on our 2020 RT. People behind can clearly see your intentions. they don’t see to bother me as far as glare. Plus it lets you know at a glance if TS are on. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone installed these on their bike. I like the look of the amber blinker but not sure I want the red blinking as well. Wandering if I can just route the red light wires to my running lights and call it a day. I put in a electric fuse block so Im thinking I can run the red wires to it and just have the sequential amber lights
I have a 2016 rt and I like them I put a toggle switch between the other switched. You need to make sure they will work on your year as I met a guy that he could not as his was fixed.

·
Registered
2020 Spyder RT Limited (Chalk/Chrome)
6 Posts
My red lights flash in concert with the yellow lights when the turn signals are on. A month ago I had them installed along with rope LED lights on the front and back. Not too bright for my eyes, and I like the bike being all lit up. Feel a bit safer that way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I finally finished the fender lights. I decided to try the sequential lights for now for awhile and see how I like them. So far they seem ok. I can always go back and disconnect the flasher wire if I don’t like.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts