Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed the new armrests and I can say it was quite easy. However I think BRP should have made things a little better. Im not happy with the fit. See pics below. They could have made the plastics a little longer to cover everything and could have made something for the back to cover up the hole. Just my two cents. Anyone have passenger cup holders installed. Looking for options.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree - I just installed mine. Well. I installed the right one. BRP shipped me 2 rights %&#*@^@!(!!. And my passenger drink holder is on it's way to me... I take it it doesn't work with the armrests? :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered it from SlingMods, it hasn't arrived yet. Now that I have an armrest installed, I am not confident it will work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just installed the new armrests and I can say it was quite easy. However I think BRP should have made things a little better. Im not happy with the fit. See pics below. They could have made the plastics a little longer to cover everything and could have made something for the back to cover up the hole. Just my two cents. Anyone have passenger cup holders installed. Looking for options.
Hello, Just signed up to this forum minutes ago. I took delivery of my 2021 RT Limited 3 days ago and was trying to install the passenger armrest, part number 219400958. Not Happening ! What's the deal? They don't fit. Do I have the correct part? Do they make another?
Thanks - Rick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello, Just signed up to this forum minutes ago. I took delivery of my 2021 RT Limited 3 days ago and was trying to install the passenger armrest, part number 219400958. Not Happening ! What's the deal? They don't fit. Do I have the correct part? Do they make another?
Thanks - Rick
HI Rick,

Call me, I might be able to walk you through it. David ‪(585) 237-8447

·
Registered
19 Posts
What drink holder did you get? Where are you attaching it?
It arrived today, it won't work as is due to the armrest, but there is an easy solution. I am removing the threaded ball stud, drilling a hole in the base of the armrest, bolting it in place and then am using the cup holder (also on a 1" ball mount) and a short extension to attach it under the front of the armrest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I took my armrests off today to raise them up to the next hole and found a piece of metal of front under the rubber that looks like its already tapped for screws. Dont know what its for but I might mount the ram ball mount there for the cup holder.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn’t like the fit either. If you look at the back of the originals you will see some cut lines. Carefully trim to fit and it will look much better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I took my armrests off today to raise them up to the next hole and found a piece of metal of front under the rubber that looks like its already tapped for screws. Dont know what its for but I might mount the ram ball mount there for the cup holder.
What I am doing with my armrests, mounting a ram ball mount that uses the "amps" style mounting face. It fits perfectly on the flat area under the armrests and the you can mount any type of ram balls you want for drink holders cell phones etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts