Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone who had an earlier model RTL notice that you can't go as fast on the 2020 model. I had a 2015 RTL and once got it up to 115 mph but the 2020 model won't go pass 95 mph. Can this be corrected?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got a 2021 RT and wondered as well about what the top speed might be. But so far I have not gone above 80 mph, which feels plenty fast on this vehicle. The Goldwing that I used to ride felt comfortable at triple digit speeds, but the Spyder doesn't seem like it wants to pushed that high (or is that I am just new to three wheelers?). And what speed I travel at is not really governed by the posted speed limit. Try riding or driving at the posted 55 mph speed limit on the Interstates around Chicago and you will be blown off the road where most drivers are going around 80 or 85 mph, and some faster than that. Keeping up with traffic is more important that following the posted speed limit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have anyone who had an earlier model RTL notice that you can't go as fast on the 2020 model. I had a 2015 RTL and once got it up to 115 mph but the 2020 model won't go pass 95 mph. Can this be corrected?
Wondering if there's any reason you would need to go 95 on a regular basis????? I have a 2014 RTL, an after 75, It does not feel comfortable as I can feel the belt wobble slighty. Even though it's safe to ride at faster speeds...it not fun for me. Iknow this can be fixed with a cam tensioner and I did consider it but in the end, don't really have that need for speed anymore. I got that out of my head when I sold my Softail

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just wondering what the speed would be, 200 on the dial. I was driving from Nashville to Memphis and the traffic was crazy with cars driving like they do not see me. But with the throttle maxed out and do more speed I had to show my pistol on my side for some of these crazies to leave me alone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To answer the question, I had my 2016 up to 115. I felt it would go more so I asked around. I found the bike is governed to 115. I have not gone that fast with my 2020. I understand the crazies. I wouldn't pull my gun unless I was being hurt or more like some car trying to force me off the road. I can go fast enough to get their attention and get out of trouble.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure I am not the only one that thinks there is just some storytelling going on here.
No storytelling. My 2015 RTL would get over 100 but my 2020 RTL doesn't seem to want to do that. I live in Tennessee and like it has been said, keeping yp with the traffic is safefull around here than looking at the speed limit.I have had cars pull yp trying to look at the bike instead of watching the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts